Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Smithers

If your parents took self portraits of themselves that looked like this on other peoples cameras.... you should be concerned about how you will turn out someday!

The Smiths came and stayed the Tues - Thurs before Easter weekend. It was so much fun! :)
The adults (and Kate) had a wonderful time playing pinochle.

I'm going to have to work with Kate on her "poker face". She took one look at Aunt Karen's cards and got the "the girls are going to whoop the boys" smirk on her face! :)

The kids (big and small) had a great time playing outside!
Alex was waiting (not so patiently) for one of the girls to hit the ball out into the field...
The bigger your mouth is open, the farther you will hit the ball! :)
I can hear Abby yelling "don't get me" as Alex laughs running after her.
Pretty Princess Savannah up to bat!

Alex is staring down the pitcher with his "give me your best shot" look.
We also had an Easter egg hunt for the kids. Not these kids. They were the hiders. :)
We hid 42 plastic eggs with mostly candy in them. A few had money with the grand prize being $5. Allie helped Abby look for eggs.
At one point she found an egg and gave it to Abby to put in her bag. That egg happened to be the $5 egg!
When I look at this picture I can't believe how big Alex looks. He's not my little boy anymore... :(
I also put Kate's hair in a little ponytail for the first time that weekend. She looked ridiculous (because her hair is rubbed off in certain places and thin in others) and cute all at the same time! :)
We also played a little bit of ping pong. Henry is pretty good at ping pong. He usually beats everyone. This week happened to be the exception though because Henry's sister Karen is also very good at Ping Pong. She whooped him every game they played. Let's just say that they played quite a few games - Henry kept trying to win. Ha, ha.... Then there is me. I am NOT good at ping pong. I lost to Allie. Allie is my 10 yr old niece - good job Allie! Bad job Jessica! I think I need to practice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm good at ping pong too, but Henry was lucky and beat me.
So where are the pics of me when I came to visit? Huh??
Cathi

shawn said...

jessica,

it's not nice to lie. everyone knows that the guys were the big winners in cards and always will be. what are they up 10, or is it more than that?