Monday, September 22, 2008
Lets play.... Name that stench!
Yesterday we tried to play name that stench. This morning Henry played and won! Before we left for Moorehead this last weekend to visit Henry's sister, I made sure to have the whole house picked up and the garbage taken out. I didn't want the house to stink if someone came over to view the house. When we got home yesterday night and walked in the door, we just about fell over from the smell. I forgot to run the dishwasher and there were a couple of kids cups that had had milk in them in the wash, whoops. So we ran the dishwasher and thought that the stink problem was fixed. Nope. We went downstairs and just about died again. Before we left on Friday I had discovered a smell in the downstairs stairwell. I thought it was Henry's stinky, sweaty, basketball clothes that he leaves in his bag, in the trunk of the car, to permeate for a couple of days before he brings them in to be washed. I washed them right away hoping that the smell would disappear. It didn't. When we came back it was as strong as ever. I kept wondering how a smell could have gotten into the stairs to make them so stinky. I thought maybe something had died under the stairs??? I couldn't find anything Sunday night but Monday morning Henry found a pound of hamburger that had fallen behind the bookshelf right next to the stairs. The hamburger had thawed and then stunk up the stairs. Henry threw it out and the smell disappeared!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment