Thursday, September 17, 2009

Preschool

Today was Alex's first day of preschool! I thought I was going to die. Yep, you heard me right, me, not Alex. All I could do was think of the worst case scenario - someone would pick on my kid, he would cry and want to go home, he wouldn't make any friends, he wouldn't like his teacher.... etc. Of course everything went fine.

Alex getting ready

Following is Alex's routine when he gets to preschool:

He finds his locker and deposits his backpack.
He signs in for the day by putting his name on the "school board".
Then they wash their hands. We don't want to spread any germs!
They write their name for the teacher (Mrs. Novack) and she stamps the paper with the date to mark their improvement over the yr.
Last they go to any of the play stations and wait for the day to start!
Abby cried on the way home from dropping Alex off. She wanted to go to school too! Instead she had a PB&J for lunch, watched her favorite cartoon, and we painted her toe nails and finger nails. My little princess.

When I went to pick Alex up from the playground he barely even acknowledged me. The teacher had to tell him it was time to go! I guess that's better than the alternative.
Alex getting his backpack and "mail" before we left preschool for the day. He is definitely a Palm. They love getting the "mail" - it's serious business!
I took Alex's picture for preschool this morning. We were suppose to bring in one pic that they will use throughout the school year for different projects. Being the bad mother that I am I forgot to get his picture taken ahead of time (I'm great at taking misc pics but terrible at getting professional pics taken). I took this picture 45 minutes before his class started and then made Henry run to the Kodak kiosk to print it off in wallet size. Thankfully Aitkin has a Kodak kiosk!
He looks like a little man. I can barely believe it!
Abby had to get in on the action too!
Alex goes to preschool one day a week, on Thursdays. By the time I even inquired about classes, the two day a week classes were full. Shortly after I signed him up all of the one day a week classes were full also. He has the afternoon shift because my lazy butt wasn't about to get out of bed early if I didn't have to! :)

No comments: