So we went to the farm the other weekend and Henry was in all his glory. It was actually really fun to watch. Remember the good old days when men use to go out hunting or fishing for the meals a family ate? My hubby went out fishing and caught an 11 lb northern one night and the next night he caught 2, 7 lb northerns.

The 11 pounder was huge - it was literally as big as Abby.

He went fishing by himself when we caught that one, but I was with him when he caught the other 2.


I caught a few 3 pounders but we couldn't keep them because we already had enough fish.... so sad. :( One of the 7 pounders he caught on "The Spittin Image". He says you can only use it once per trip because it's so "powerful" that you never know what kind of fish it will bring up from the deep. :) Sure enough, he casts it out once, the northern comes up, creates a big splash and grabs on. He fights it to the boat where I netted it in front of another boat with 2 guys in it. The good news is that I didn't hit the fish over the head with the net and miss it or anything in front of other people. Although Henry claims that I "screamed" when the fish latched on. I may have made a slight squeak, but nothing more. It's amazing how these tall tales start. :)
Not only did he catch the biggest (**sigh**) and most fish (**double sigh**) of the weekend, but he also shot 2 grouse.

He decided to bring his gun with us on the way to Kjolstad lk where we were going to do a little swimming. Sure enough, we get partway there and I saw a grouse (my only claim to fame is that I spotted it a second before he did). He got out, loaded the gun and shot the grouse. He then spied a grouse on the other side of the road, went into the foliage a little and shot that one too!

He only brought 2 shells with so he was pretty proud of himself when he snagged 2 grouse. That's my boy! :) So that night we had "fish and fowl" (instead of surf and turf) - delicious!
His look says "I have a sneaky idea..."

"I'm going to drench my sister"

"Ha, ha, I think I'm funny...."
Poor Abbers! :)

Reading with mama, that's my girl! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment