Sunday, March 28, 2010
Unnecessary Messes!
I have to say that one of my least favorite things is an "unnecessary mess". My definition of an unnecessary mess is a mess that is out of the ordinary. The other day the kids were playing outside and decided to fill their clothes with dirt. All of their clothes, underwear included. They came traipsing up on the deck all full of dirt and knocked on the door to show mom. I'm quite sure I wasn't as excited about their little idea as they wanted me to be. I quickly had them strip down and jump into the tub. Then I had to sweep the deck, scrub the kids, and do a little laundry. A few days later they decided to fill their pants with fingertip size rocks. Then they decided to unload all of those rocks on the deck. A bunch of the rocks were small enough to fit in between the deck boards but not small enough to fall through to the ground. So Alex, Abby, and mom spent the next 45 minutes picking rocks out of the deck boards, off the deck, and out of the grass. We had to have picked at least 500 little rocks. Lets just say that it was not my idea of a good time. Oh well.... Never a dull moment at the Palm Place! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Funny! Glad it's you and not me though. :P
must take after the palm side of things on this one.
5/5/10 -- i JUST read this!!!! LOL!!!! i laughed and laughed. that's a lot of dirt in the undies!:)hilarious.
Post a Comment