Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Life Lately...

What have the Palms been up to lately? Well, here it goes....

We had haircut day.
I french braided Abby's hair. I'm slightly proud of this one. It wasn't the best french braid job I've ever done, but hurricane Abby sat still long enough for me to do something different with her hair. I couldn't believe it!
Chef Alex (with the help of dad) made a cucumber surprise drink that we all HAD to taste. YIKES, it was disgusting, I mean delicious! His main ingredients were: Cutcumbers, BBQ-Sauce, Italian Dressing, Ravioli Sauce, Salt, Pepper, Coke, and Flour.




The dryer broke. Unfortunately my "wash well" never goes dry so the broken dryer posed a slight problem. It broke last Monday but they couldn't make it out to fix it until Thursday. After it was "fixed" it smelled like it was going to blow up so I had to call them again to come out and take a look. They came out Friday morning. Apparently the first guy put too much grease in the new bering. When I turned the dryer on the grease splattered all over and was burning off, creating the burnt smell. The guy cleaned it up the best he could and the rest as they say is history. The good news is that we have the Center Point Energy plan so the dryer was fixed for free. The bad news is that I had so much backed up dirty laundry that I think I did 50 loads in a row (it felt like it at least)!
We went to the farm this last weekend for the opener of deer hunting season.



Alex and Abby had a blast playing with the cousins (Kayla and Nathan).
Henry, Terry, and Jason got skunked - Rats. Henry saw a doe, but opted not to shoot it. He wants the big buck. His brother Russ shot a large 8 pointer.
Alex thought Uncle Russ' deer was "Coooooool". Anyway, I guess that means we will be making another trek up to the farm this weekend to shoot the ever elusive buck. :)
The family is currently sick (all but mom).
  • Dad has a sore throat and is congested.
  • Alex got the flu. He puked 3 times the other night. The main word in that last sentence is night. A puke session wouldn't be any good unless mom has to wake up out of a sound, peaceful sleep to change sheets and run a load or two of laundry in the middle of the night (the dryer was fixed by then, thank goodness).
  • Abby was breathing funny and swallowing a lot. We took her to the Doctor (after hour care, a two hour wait - one hour to see the doctor, one hour to get the labs and prescription) and he said that she had a slightly elevated white blood cell count and a temp. He "thought" that meant she had an infection. Anyway, we got her prescription and gave her some Tylenol and she's doing better.

I got my first night of 8 hours sleep last night in the last 5 or so days. You lose count after a couple of days... poor mom. :) I'm not sick yet though, thank you Lord!

No comments: