On Thursday we made a few cupcakes,
raked some leaves,
carved our pumpkins,
(Alex, aka "Spoon Man" didn't like the "slime". Abby didn't care.)
(Pumpkin carving works much better when both Abby & Henry have their mouths open - Ha!)

and ate the delicious pumpkin seeds that Henry baked (the best part about pumpkin carving!).
I had a "great" idea this year and decided to get a pumpkin carving kit. The last couple of years Henry has free handed the face on the pumpkins. This year I wanted to do a "cool" one. Alex decided that he wanted a scary picture. After he saw the choices he picked the pirate scull and bones - yuck. Not my first choice but whatever. So I did the scull and bones and Henry free handed the other pumpkin. Lets just say that Henry finished well before I did.... 50 hours later I finished (not really but it felt like it). The skull and bones picture turned out ok, but I'm not sure if I will do another stencil next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment