Sunday, February 22, 2009

25 Random Things

People on facebook are doing this thing called 25 Random Things where you write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about yourself. I decided to copy Steph and post mine on my blog.... :)


1. I am a happily ever after sort of gal. I hate scary movies or books - they give me nightmares.
2. Books are my achilles heel. If I get into a good book the world around me ceases to exist.
3. I love to travel. We have been on 2 regular vacations and 3 cruises, all to the Caribbean and Mexico. I would love to travel to Europe someday and tour Castles.
4. The most expensive meal I've ever had was at a restaurant in FL. I was at a conference for work. There were 10 of us and the bill came out to be between $8,000 to $10,000.
5. I am the oldest of 7 children (5 girls, 2 boys). I use to tell everyone that I would never have children because I already raised mine (babysitting my sisters and brothers).
6. I use to dislike going in public by myself with my youngest sister. She is 14 1/2 yrs younger than me and people would ask if she was my daughter.
7. I am a chronically late, procrastinating, spender. My husband is a timely, proactive, saver. It leads to interesting "discussions" sometimes. :)
8. I married my best friend. He is one of the best people that I know. He is a smart business man, wonderful father, and great husband. He can always make me smile (which ticks me off when I'm mad at him) and still flirts with me. I don't tell him often enough how much he means to me or how much I think of him.
9. I once had to pick rocks off of the beach as a punishment at Grindstone Lk Bible Camp. My friend Sara and I decided to sunbathe in our bikini's (that was a no, no - one piece only allowed). We wore t-shirts over the top of them and paddled in the canoe out into the middle of the lake to catch a few rays where no one would see us. Apparently the life guard was watching us with his binoculars and told the camp director. We were so mad that we took as long as we could to pick the rocks. The life guard, who had to supervise us, wanted to go eat supper so he told us that half a bucket was good enough. We refused to stop picking rocks until the entire 5 gallon pail was full. He had to stay until we were done. :)
10. My favorite TV show is Biggest Loser. I wish it was on every night.
11. I have an on-going list of things that I am going to invent someday.
12. I want to learn to speak Spanish, play the piano, and take a cake decorating and photography class someday.
13. I am long winded, detailed, and tend to be anal retentive regarding some things.
14. There was a boy named Tommy Jensen in 3rd grade who had a crush on me. He was so annoying and would never leave me alone. I would sic my "dog" Rachel (my sister) on him and she would chase him around the school yard kicking and hitting him. He was definitely afraid of her. Thanks Rach!
15. I quit track in 11th grade. My boyfriend at the time threatened to come to my track meet and my little sister Rachel was getting faster than me, so I quit. I'm slightly competitive. :/
16. I once had a job where I managed 80 people and traveled for work. I would pray on the way into work that God would grant me the wisdom to the best boss that I could be and make the wisest decisions for the company. I now pray that God will grant me the wisdom to be the best mom and wife that I can be.
17. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people complain about a situation but aren't willing to come up with a solution to fix it. If you don't like what's going around you, you have 3 great options. 1. Come up with a solution and present it. Management loves self motivated people! 2. Quit. 3. Deal with it (with your mouth shut) if you don't like option 1 or 2. If your not part of the solution, don't become part of the problem by gossip or badmouthing. I'm not saying this to get a point across to anyone, this is just a pet peeve, so don't get offended.
18. I am a stay at home mom of 2 beautiful kids. Alex - 4 and Abby - 2. Alex has brown hair and brown eyes like me and Abby has red hair and blue eyes like her dad. I am definitely not itching to go back to paid work anytime soon (unless Henry wants to pay me for staying home with the kids)!
19. I want to adopt a little girl from China someday. I have ever since I heard Steven Curtis Chapman speak about adopting his little girl Shoahannah on a Focus on the Family broadcast. The one child law in China breaks my heart.
20. Having my house on the market has made me a better person. It has forced me to keep my house clean on a continual basis. Not that I was a total slob before, but I would let things slip from time to time.
21. The summer before my 8th grade year my hair went from straight to curly. Not sure how that happened, but it did.
22. Jobs I would like to do: Author, Personal Trainer, Design on a Dime Interior Decorator, Librarian, Photographer, Own a Sweets Shop, or Run an Adoption Agency. My last job was Project Mgmt and vendor relations. I loved it.
23. I am TERRIBLE at calling people back. It doesn't matter who they are. I'm not quite sure what my problem is.
24. I'm allergic to cats and tend to dislike most dogs. They slobber, jump on you, and have dog breath.
25. I don't like Coffee and Tea and gave up pop years ago. My mother said that I would have problems being a "social person" because of this, but I don't tend to have problems in the socializing area. :)
26. I have a blog. It's about my family and the things that we do.
27. I can't spell and I stink at grammar. English was my worst subject in high school. I also didn't follow these directions very well (normally I follow directions to the T). I was suppose to stop at 25 things and I have 27. To bad so sad. :)

No comments: